I have been a delinquent poster. Due to guilt, I feel I must post something, but due to time constraints, I can’t take as much time as I’d like. So, here is my update in list form:
Here are some things I’ve been thinking about recently:
1. A band called Lucius
2. A musician named Daniel Knox.
3. How much I love John Cameron Mitchell
4. How easy it is to crash a party that costs $25 at the door
5. How confounding it is to be confused by stories I am making up.
6. Vitamins because I’ve started taking them
7. My guitar because I miss playing it.
8. How much I want a Proenza Schouler PS 1 bag and how much I can’t afford it
9. How obscenely expensive material goods can be
10. Jay Brannan
11. All the projects I want to start
All right. I must go work so I’ll leave you with songs from the three musicians I mentioned in my list.
JAY BRANNAN (he talks a lot, but it’s so damn charming, and sweet and funny, that you should just suck it up and watch it all. I like this guy for a lot of reasons, among them his ability to draw his audience in with his winning, self-effacing ways and then keep you there by his truly honest songs.)
DANIEL KNOX (I pretend that I discovered this guy, because I sort of did, although technically, I did not).